Saturday, August 29, 2026

SATURDAY / AUG 29 / 45TH ANNIVERSARY / NO DOG WALK / DINNER AT KATHERINE'S CASABLANCA CASINO

 SATURDAY
AUGUST 29 2026




Woke up at 4AM with alarm ringing. Hubby was still tired and did not want to go for dog walk. He went potty and back to bed. I went potty. Let the white cat out because he was bothering me on the bed. 

I slept on the sofa. 

Hubby was up at 6AM and fed the cats tuna and shredded cheese. 

Hubby made the bed. He let the white cat back inside.

By 8AM, it is already 100F degrees outside.

I got up. Made hot latte for Hubby, hot tea for me. 

Hubby made cinnamon rolls for "our anniversary". He put a candle in them and sang "Happy Anniversary" with the dogs. I gave him a Rand McNally large print map that he wanted. The Magats added Gulf of America instead of Gulf of Mexico. I was VERY disappointed.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CINNAMON ROLLS
RAND MCNALLY



I got dressed. He got all the UPS returns together. 

We loaded the dogs into the Dually.

Hubby had to wash the truck before we could do anything. BUT HE FORGOT THE AMAZON RETURN BOXES WERE IN THE BACK. They got WET.

We then drove to the UPS store where Hubby moved things around. Then we drove to the America First Credit Union to deposit $ for paying bills. 

PBJR stuck her head out of the truck while we were depositing money at the Credit Union.

PBJR SMILING AT THE BANK



Drove to Littlefield where Hubby got a breakfast sandwich for me at Maverik and bought lottery tickets.

HUBBY AT MAVERIK

On the way home from Littlefield, driving the back highway, Hubby got hypoglycemic. We had to stop at Starbucks for him to get a sweet drink.

We got 3 pup cups for the dogs. FIRST TIME EVER.

TATER PUP CUP


PBJR PUP CUP


RILEY PUP CUP


Hubby went to Smith's because needed more milk. He also got sushi and looked for dog bones, but they did not have any. I stayed in the A/C truck with the dogs. 

A nice hispanic guy walked by Hubby and told him he had a nice truck while Hubby was walking into Smith's.

We drove home afterwards and unloaded the dogs. Unloaded groceries.

We enjoyed some nice TV time at home, relaxing with dogs. 

At 4:30PM, we put the cats in the bedrooms. Rattler separate in the front room because he hates Stuart. 

We left the dogs at home.

Drove the Jeep to Casablanca Casino for our Anniversary dinner.

It was hot outside. I wore my black slacks from Quince and a flaired multi-colored shirt. Hubby had his shorts and a nice silk hawaiian shirt. 

We parked in the parking lot and did not valet. LOTS of cars & people at the Casino. The walk into the Casino was overwhelmingly hot. 

Went to dinner at Katherine's at Casablanca Casino. Reuben was not his normal calm self. He had to have his assistant and another waiter bring out our food. The kid only came by once with water. I had to ask several times. 

We had bread to start. Hubby had a Margarita to drink. I had a Kahlua & Creme to drink.  

We ordered appetizers to take home. Bacon Wrapped Scallops/Crab Cakes/Shrimp Cocktail. Then both of us ordered the special Filet & Shrimp for $59. Hubby also ordered the spinach salad to be made tableside, but when Reuben brought it out, Hubby was full. He cancelled it. 

FILET & SHRIMP


I gave Hubby the spinach on my scallops. He said he was happy with that. 

Reuben brought out an Anniversary dessert for us, even tho we asked him not to do that. 

Chocolate covered strawberries with more side berries. And Hubby had a crème brûlée with more side berries.

CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES

Crème Brûlée

We paid and left. Hubby had to potty before we left. I waited for him.

After another hot walk out to the Jeep, we drove home.

At home, unloaded food. Put it in the fridge. Gave hugs to dogs. Let them out for potty.

Probably the last time we will ever eat out at Katherine's again. Food was good, but no extras. No hot almond scent towels to wipe, no mints to take home. It was rushed and felt awful. For $239, it was too expensive; and $100 for a tip. OMG.

Hubby went back to Walmart to pick up our groceries at 7PM. I had forgotten to order them for a 6PM pickup so we could get them on the way home from dinner.

Hubby was gone a long time and said there were many people waiting and only 2 workers. 

He put groceries away.

We could not soak in the hot tub because it was too cold.

Stuart has been behaving very good lately. He goes out and comes back inside right away. He comes when we call his name. He puts himself in his kennel.

Maybe he IS turning into a good cat?

STUART IN HIS KENNEL


Went to bed at 9:30PM after I put on some Voltaren which is a Diflofenac arthritis cream for my hands. I took a couple Prednisone and a Gabapentin before bed. 


No comments: