Monday, February 15, 2016

A Very BAD Day: Lil Bit is Gone

MONDAY
2-15-2016

I honestly thought this was going to be a better year than 2015.

I had hoped it would be...

Got up this morning at 5:45AM when hubby got out of bed. He said he got really good sleep after taking the Ultra Cortisol pills, but that he was worried all night about Lil Bit.

I got dressed. Hubby left for work early so he could get off this afternoon.

The dogs were still fast asleep, so I just left at 6:45 to go pick up Lil Bit. He is still not eating. The assistant helped me out after I paid, Lil Bit still had his IV sites in his right foot.

I called KR and took Lil Bit over to see her and get him a drink of water. He drank very little, but peed outside right away for over 2 minutes.

I saw with KR on her couch. She has the Flu. She called in sick today, has Tuesday&Wednesday off so she can recover.

Lil Bit barely recognized me. He was dazed.

Drove home. Lil Bit put his head out the window for a while. I drove slow.



Took him directly to Northwoods Vet. Mike took him and hooked him up to the IVs again. I told him that hubby and I would be back at 4:30 because we don't want him to be in pain anymore.

I spent the day resting my knee as it was hurting.

Did laundry & dishes. Vacuumed the rugs.

Went to get my nails done at 3:30. Talked to Deralee.

Then drove over to Northwoods Vet. Met hubby there. Went inside and visited a while with Lil Bit. He had not eaten any food. He was panting horribly and would not even drink water. We were in the back area and they just put the euthanasia medicine in his IV. He went gently as if he was falling asleep. We stayed with him until he evacuated his bowels after death. Then we left.

Lil Bit was dazed, panting

 Lil Bit is Gone


Drove home. Changed clothes and took Bud & Ben down to the park for a walk. We had to walk in the horse area. It was getting dark.

Came back home and watched Better Call Saul & Man Seeking Woman. Then we went to bed at 10PM.

The Super Cortisol supplements are really working. Sleeping much better!

Sleeping a lot worse without Lil Bit.

No comments: