Sunday, December 09, 2007

The Calm B4 The Storm

Numbness surrounds me. I feel a calmness that I have only felt once before in my life-the time before I got married. Suppose the storm of emotion will hit soon.

Friday was spent cleaning up, packing, last minute confirmations. Hubby came home late after work and we went to get our nails done; they had to dig the dirt out underneath his nails! So he is pretty, and my nails look good.

We met our friend Chachi at his home to pick him up, then drove into CDA to have dinner at Red Lobster - his wife had already arrived and secured a table for us! Thereby avoiding a 35-45 minute wait! Yippee. I overate. Burp. Hubby & I both had the ultimate feast. Lobster, Crab, Shrimp - garlic bread, salad. Then we all shared a chocolate cake & ice cream dessert. Chachi had Salmon and Joanie had the Catch of the Day.

Joanie showed us her new silver Rav4 that she had purchased this past week. Wow. Pretty nice. Then we drove home sans dog - which was very depressing. Usually the dog accompanies us everywhere. She was so overtly excited to see us when we got home, had her "weird ears" wiggling and her tail wagging. I'm gonna miss that little pup a lot while we are gone.

Saturday, Greg worked in the shop while I cleaned the house for the final time. Then the fireplace bombed. We think it might be a thermocoupler, but with no stores open on the weekend, we will have to drain the pipes in the house while we are gone - and repair the fireplace when we return. What unfortunate luck.

Today, we do a little last minute shopping, packing, and then our friend Joe will be here at midnight to take us to Amtrak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip...will miss your blogging while gone...BUT look forward to great blogs when you return :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you Mommy!